dimanche 8 novembre 2015

When you change your mind...

Hi all,

I titled this post, When you change your mind... because this is exactly what happened to me this afternoon. I was waiting for a background I made to flatten and started to make another background in the meantime, until I realize it matched much more the card I had in mind. So I will use the other background later and started focusing on this one.

I made the background using a stencil and distress inks. When I saw the final result, I thought those colors really matched the butterflies I made out of my colored glossy paper leftover from my balloons this morning! So I added a thank you sentiment, the three butterflies and 2 ribbons and voilà! This card is much more vibrant then the one I was thinking for those butterflies, I really like the result and I hope you too!

I'm entering this thank you card in three different SSS challenges: So Glossy, Thanks/Thanksgiving and Work It challenges and also at Craft Stamper challenge.

Stamps and dies: Butterflies (Hero Arts / Sizzix) and sentiment from Bonnidée
Stencil: Mini Layered Beads (Crafter's Workshop)
Gloss paper (Ranger)
Ribbons: American Crafts
Inks: Onyx Black (Versafine), Mustard seed, Spiced marmelade, Barn door, Dusty concord and Chipped Sapphire (Distress inks)
Alcohol Inks: Mountain rose, Denim, Sunshine yellow and Sunset orange (Adirondack/Ranger)
Alcohol blending solution (Adirondack)

Thank you so much for your visit and your comments! As we say in French... un GROS merci! ;-)

5 commentaires:

  1. Another gorgeous card, the butterflies look amazing too. The dots in the back are a fabulous effect. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. such a beautiful card! those are some of my favorite butterflies!! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. This is so pretty! Now I am curious about the first background . Thank you for joining us at the Craft Stamper Challenge :-)

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. That's beautiful!

    Thanks for joining us in the Craft Stamper challenge !

    xxx Ellie Knol xxx

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Gorgeous! Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

    RépondreSupprimer