Today, I'm finally trying watercolor technique with my Distress inks, after all these years. It wasn't easy, had to start many times over, but I finally made it!
I first colored the cat with my Tombow markers and blended the colors together with water. I also added some white fur on his belly with a white pen (but the picture doesn't show it much unfortunately). For my background and the balloons, I made 2 water color backgrounds using many Distress inks. I stamped 5 times the Party girls stamp, but only the portion with the balloon. I cut it out and draw some patterns with a black pen on 3 of them. For my balloons, I used the ink pads but then, for my background I used the reinkers and thought this was much easier. My colors are much more vibrant! Once it was dry, I glued my balloons and the cat, and draw the twines. I stamped my sentiment (Happy Birthday) with purple ink and embossed it in clear.
I'm submitting my card to these challenges:
- Art Impressions challenge 180 - Watercolor and white pen
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge: Cute and Cudly
- Seize the birthday: The great divide
- Stamps: Feline Flop (Art Impressions), Party Girls (Art Impressions), Joyeux anniversaire (Magenta)
- Inks: black soot, fired brick, wild honey, dusty concord, tumbled glass, mustard seed, barn door (Distress inks), Imperial purple (Versafine)
- White pen (Signo uni-ball)
- Watercolor paper
Thanks for stopping by!